Old 09-24-19, 07:59 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by rower2cyclist
That's exactly my point. His #1 issue is lack of fitness which it will take years to improve. No shortcuts there. My main observation was his nutrition wasn't completely dialed in. It's the low hanging fruit. We are all speculating about how much calories he had in his body and what he ate that morning was enough to compensate. We don't know how fatigued he was that week. We don't know if he pulled an all-nighter Wednesday night. We don't know if he had a sick toddler to take care of or he has a stressful day job. All of these contribute to the eventual result.

My original post was more about sharing what works (not what's adequate) if he wants to perform day after day. Some comments here on nutrition is just infuriating. Do not tell me three bags of oatmeal and a banana is good breakfast. It's not. Yes, go ahead crush a century on a bag of gummy bears and two water bottles. Is it doable? Hell yes if you really try. But trust me you won't be doing much until next Saturday. We all have done that. It's really up to him to find the right balance on and off the bike. Having a clean and healthy diet is a good start.
Having a clean/healthy diet (whatever that is for the day) is a nonsequitor and has nothing to do with the op or this thread.

You just went off on a tangent espousing your rather extreme (and strange) nutritional ideas that are irrelevant to just about everything .
Likes For rubiksoval: