Old 03-06-19, 01:37 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Had a season opener TT with a local team. I'd say more club than team, but most of the guys/gals do race sometimes at least in something.

Everyone was road bikes but myself and their "ringer". We had TT bikes. I just showed up as a nobody since they post their stuff in the community hoping to gather new riders come out. I got 2nd best time. Thank God, can't show up on the TT bike with disc/trispoke and be last!

So, this TT it was a bit windy and was 400ft in 8 miles. I went 23.2 mph on 250w average power, not nominal. Either way, I swear I'm up 30 watts on using a real TT bike and don't understand some "anomaly" rides from last year at 30 watts less on the road bike with clip-on bars.

I swear I had a pan flat ride at a Nascar track last year on the roadie with clip-ons at 25.5 mph on 222w and an open road hill/wind TT at 23.5mph on 225w.

The position on film/photo looks better on the TT bike. I've put both bikes back to back on a trainer to measure drivetrain only power and didn't see anything weird.

I swear I'd expect to be faster than this. I don't expect to go 27mph in a TT on 260w, but I'd expect over 25mph in the flattish areas.

I've run both wheelsets, checked everything, checked brakes, etc.........

Don't know if it's a rash of slow condition days and the couple of old results were on really fast days or what.

I wish I had a non-work computer that would let me download Golden Cheetah.