Old 06-08-19, 09:22 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,040 Times in 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by boggy
I literally could not care less about everything else in your post, but I got run over by car that was running red light, and I could not see it coming because it was behind another car. If you search my posts you will be able to find traffic camera still photos of this incident posted on this very forum. I probably could have heard it coming, if I did not listen to music using BOTH earbuds.
I’m very sorry that happened to you.

Before I rode with earbuds I had a slight scare with a car approaching a curve where I was stopped at a stop sign. There was another car so close behind the approaching one that I didn’t see it until I almost pushed off into the cross road. I guess I had double checked traffic the opposite direction and was distracted. It wasn’t even a close call, just a surprise. But it impressed upon me the danger of cars hiding behind other cars. This has carried over in how I cross green lights. Especially when a huge van is stopped in the first or second lane. You can’t tell if a car hidden behind that van is stopping or not.

-Matt