Old 09-04-19, 08:30 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Strong words from Guitar Ted. How do the Resolute measure up? Is it a true 42? I'd like to try a pair but not sure they would fit on the back of my Niner.

How do the Compass ride on pavement? The Steilacoom look identical to the Hurricane Ridge except for width. I assume you run or ran the standard casing?

-Tim-
I thought you dismiss GT?

Ribbing aside, I just mounted Resolute tires on my new wheelset.
On the old wheelset with 17.5inner and 23mm outer, the Resolute tire measured right at 42mm with tubes.
On the new wheelset with 19mm inner and 25mm outer, the Resolute tire measured just over 43mm tubeless.

I wasnt super impressed with the Resolute tires for much of my first ride, until I hit 1.5mi of pavement. They felt fast on pavement. I came to realize the gravel/unpaved roads I had been riding were much looser and deeper than the usual roads I ride(I was in a different area than normal and each county around here manages their own gravel). So while I felt slow on the gravel(and was, based on mph), it wasnt the 1 change on the bike, it was the 1 change in ground.