View Single Post
Old 10-16-19, 02:57 PM
Newspaper_Nick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 48 Posts
I have written this before in another thread and it is my own experience with the dogs, so i am not pushing it as the defacto way of dealing with dog attacks but here goes. All the dogs that attacked me while i was riding "stopped" when i stopped. And they chased me when i tried to outrun them. And again, when i stopped, they also stopped. I am not saying that their aggressive behavior turned into compassion or anything, they still kept on barking at me and showing their teeth and all, but, they did not try to jump on me or eat me. Even when there were more than one of them, they just tried to shoo me off from their territory by taunting me. I figured out that if i try to run away from them, they see me as prey, or a weak coward. But when i stop, get off the bike and face them with a firm stance, they just start to see me as a strong opponent. Now, maybe i have yet to meet my dog nemesis who will jump on me and try to get a bite, but that happened so many times that it has become an automatic response for me. When i am attacked by dogs, i just stop. And they too stop. Just sayin.
Likes For Newspaper_Nick: