Old 11-23-20, 10:09 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9654 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Nice, where is this shot from? Anguilla is one of the few I haven't made it to yet. On our 2016 cruise we hit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarten, Martinique, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Didn't hit a beach at each one, the wife likes more variety in the activities.

On our 2018 cruise we added Curacao, Aruba, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I could spend a couple of weeks in each of those.
That picture was taken in on Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos. Been there 4 or 5 times.

We have not been on a cruise, except for one ****ty Carnival cruise from Galveston to Mexico that we won, and don't have any plans to ever take one. I get why people like them, but they are just not our thing. And, we tend to go back to places we like a few times.

We did not see much cruise ship activity in Anguilla while we were there, which was good for what we wanted. We were looking for a very quiet getaway, and got it. Things were still being rebuilt from Hurricane Irma in that area, and driving around the island we saw a lot of hurricane damaged property that was simply abandoned, including residences and large resorts. There is little to no shopping. About the only nightlife is at the Four Seasons, and we got to watch the pretty locals coming out looking for business. One night we were sitting at the hotel bar, and the couple sitting next to us (from New Jersey, of course ) offered us their joint. Stuck with our Old Fashioneds instead.