Old 10-12-18, 02:33 PM
rgconner

Bikes: Curtis Inglis Road, 80's Sekai touring fixie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
an ONGOING battle ... part of the discussion ... "Well, you have two hours for a bike ride, but you can't fold the laundry?"

No dear ... I can't. There are times when I have an easier schedule, and I'll steal a little time to do the dishes or yes, fold laundry, but then she wonders why I can't do it all the time?

I finally looked at her one time I said, "Do you like me having a job, making money and providing benefits for our family, or would you like me to just do your freaking laundry?"

SMH ... like I said ... ongoing battle

EDIT to add ... I'll often spend time first thing in the morning after taking our daughter to school to get my ride in for the day, because I live in Wisconsin, and the company I work for is based in California. So that two hour time difference plays a role as well.
I have it good, I need to remember that more... My wife very rarely imposes on me when I am working. Often I end up rescuing her when I hear something crash because she did not want to disturb me.

She came from a family heavy in Military and Police Officers. She spent many a childhood evening wait for her Dad or Uncle to come home, every time her mom worried about if he was going to come home or alive or not.

"At least I know you are safe, all the time." as she puts it.

BTW, I am also 48. Started at 275 a year ago, now 230, and at exactly 25% Body Fat.

So right on the edge of obese.

Last edited by rgconner; 10-12-18 at 02:36 PM.