Bike Forums - View Single Post - Finally! (?)
Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 10-13-18, 08:11 PM
velojym

Bikes: 2000 Kona Jake the Snake, Surly LHT, Montague Paratrooper, Cannondale M500, Santana Arriva, Bridgestone 200, Trek Domane 5.2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
That's ok. We're different enough, since the younger aspects of our lives have past, that we're not really compatible anyway. I'm still here because of my daughter, but I don't see myself living long if I don't put a foot down, then another, then another... away. I love her, but she's long since stopped loving me, and blowing money on a counselor will be a waste of time and money. She's a good enough woman that I'm ok with leaving our girl with her, and she's also the chief breadwinner, by a huge margin. I gave up a fairly lucrative career to stay home and take care of our daughter after she was born 3 months premature. I worked part time at a local airport after about 3 years, but couldn't do anything full time until she started going to school. I had to start over and I'm making about a quarter of her salary now. She actually stresses about my relatively low contribution to our finances, apparently thinks less of me because... Hell, I don't know. I made a sacrifice when it was the only thing to do, and I'm paddling like mad to get caught up again.

I was happy when I had my health, my bike, and a place to ride. I haven't really been all that happy since, though I have been loyal, and gave up a lot for my little family, it seems like it's never enough.