Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-18, 05:02 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
As far as weight is concerned, I've set a destination at 100 lbs in a year, using Healthywage. If I make that goal, I get a check for a little over 2300 bucks.
As for BP, since it has been affected mostly due to my weight (it was on the low side of normal when I was in shape), that's a goal too, but i'm not chasing a specific end figure there. Being able to qualify for an FAA medical without drugs would be nice.
Riding... first sub-goal, 300 lbs and I'll be within the rider weight limit of my Surly LHT. I'll be riding before this, but I see it as a milestone.
I want to be able to complete a thursday Trample ride, which is about a 10 mile casual ride downtown. A pale shadow of the centuries I've done, but dwelling on that is part of what got me where I am now.
Then, rather than going fast-twitch like I did before, especially at my age, I'm gonna go slow-twitch. Endurance rather than raw acceleration, get into good touring shape. I've always loved the bicycle for its sheer utility, and this would be quite the happymaking thing.
Though I have crowd issues, I'm really wanting to go to RAGBRAI.