Old 07-16-19, 02:23 PM
drewguy

Bikes: Trek Domane 4.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by smarkinson
  • VAT reimbursement is a voluntary service provided by Canyon. No legal claim exists to this service.
  • VAT reimbursement is only possible on orders to Germany, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Denmark or the Netherlands. For the Netherlands, you have to follow a special procedure – please contact our partner in the Netherlands in advance.
https://www.canyon.com/en-mu/custome...ice/faq/Sounds like OP should have got the bike delivered to Germany and unfortunately received some misleading advice from Canyon staff who probably weren't as informed as they should have been.
Right. So the issue is that a VAT refund isn't possible in the OP's situation because of the VAT-refund rules (France isn't a country he could send the bike to).

So, Canyon has a rep who provided inaccurate information that is inconsistent with its stated policies/guidance on its website. So the question is whether Canyon should as a matter of goodwill credit back an amount equal to the paid VAT amount based on the rep's inaccurate statements or adhere to its stated policies. I don't think there's a legal claim here, given what the website says, but I'm not a German or French lawyer. I have no idea where OP's credit card is from and what rules apply.