Old 04-23-20, 06:57 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
With tongue in cheek I have to say that concept is so pre covid 19. I simply don't see it that way. You think density will not be a bad word? You think Buses and Trains will bounce back? Human density isn't a popular concept right now. Check this out. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...buses/2380735/
some people are afraid to leave their houses and are terrified that the protestors will get the states back to business as usual. Gas is under a buck fifty and there are a glut of new cars sitting on the lots just waiting for buyers. They are saying we will not be free of this till maybe next year. Cities like New York are billions under water and big construction companies with big budgets are not part billions for small businesses. Of course mine is a younger city so there are few if any old parts to look at.

We will see soon enough. We will see what direction society goes in by January next year.
The US is the only country in the world that builds suburbs. Humans have always lived in Cities. Corvid-19 is not the first or the worst pandemic in Human History and yet since year 0 humans live in cities around the world. This will not change. The mall is dying people want main streets again. People don't want to be stuck in their cars and eating fast food. Don't let 80 years of suburban living cloud your judgement.