Old 01-13-19, 06:58 PM
balut bandit
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
He got lucky and those pieces didn't get caught and cause his wheel to lock up or didn't totally screw up the caliper (at least according to you who doesn't seem like they know much about disc brakes).
Not too sure about your experience with discs but I've been using them since ~2000 (Magura, Hope, SRAM) so yeah, I know plenty about them.

Thanks for admitting that nothing happened due to his "unsafe" rotor. Which makes sense because it wasn't inherently unsafe despite you spending today fretting about it. BTW, speculating that I am lying about some imaginary caliper damage that bubbled up in your mind is simply weird.

Your seemingly endless stream of "what ifs" is telling and indicative of the irrational fear that you carry with you. Sad. Are wheels "unsafe" because they can snag a stick and lock up? Are v brakes "unsafe" because they can throw a brake shoe and not lock up? etc., etc. Of course not. Yet you are claiming that this mundane event (a rotor wears through) is somehow a huge concern because it's "unsafe." It simply wasn't unsafe and didn't impact a really fun ride (other than a short delay and some good chuckles).