Old 06-05-19, 08:01 AM
Aahzz

Bikes: '17 Trek FX2, '19 Trek FX 3 Disc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 214 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Spinay70
I have noticed that when i am out riding and get passed by a 'serious' rider, they rarely announce. I have also seen them buzz past unsuspecting walkers without a word.

This past weekend i spied a 'serious' rider approaching fast in my rear view and they ended up zipping by without any word...and quite close as well.

Spinay70
I just headed out to our local-ish MUP for the first time this year a couple days ago. I love riding it, because it's a welcome break from my hilly and traffic-filled neighborhood, but the number of "serious riders" buzzing us on road bikes without announcing is irritating as heck. It takes so little effort to announce, or to ring a bell - just have a touch of courtesy. I tend to be about mid-paced for the trail - I pass a lot of slower riders, and I get passed a lot. I always announce, and usually get thanked for it. Ride fast, ride your ride, but be courteous. My favorite was on a ride last year when not only did he buzz me with about a foot to spare, and no announcement, he spat to the side after he got in front of me and it blew into my face.