View Single Post
Old 04-08-21, 11:02 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Getting "high" is stupid in the first place. And trying to ride a bike makes it worse.
As someone who just rode 25 miles, just drank 24 ounces of "hobo beer" Steel Reserve 211, & is currently waiting for 20 milligrams of THC in chocolate form to kick in, I disagree.

In an hour, I'll be washed, showered, & be set up for 8 hour of uninterrupted sleep...That is, unless you'd rather I toss & turn & lay in bed, in frustration "not sleeping" until 3 or 4, or 5am.

I mean, I've done a few "midnight centuries" to wait out my restless brain, but realistically there is a limit to how many 36 or 48 hour days with 2 or 3 or 4 hours of restless sleep an otherwise healthy human can withstand.

I really don't understand the opinion bias against the only thing that lets me sleep like a normal person. I mean there are cannabinoid receptors in the human brain, afterall. The plant & humans have been in symbiotic relations since the dawn of time.

Coincidentally, my friends mother who has had Parkinsons since I met her 33 years ago (!) No longer has a Parkinsons diagnosis. The doctors are legitimately basffled. She's been alive too long for it to be actual real Parkinsons. Her symptoms "evaporated" when she started taking THC/CBD. Coincidence? Absolutely. But she can do stairs now & no longer responds incoherently to simple conversation. She can drive competently & safely now with attentivness & reaction times you would expect a normal healthy person to have. She no longer shakes uncontrollably, & at age 75+, has given up her walker.

Am I advocating for a cure-all "snake oil?" Am I advocating anything other than a garden grown bit of Mother Nature? No, there are lots of harmful things out there of all stripes & all manner of irresponsibility to be found everywhere. But, the hysteria about "Reefer Madness" is largely unwarrented

I am not advocating any position other than pragmatism & an acknowledgement that blanket policies & opinions don't always address the full spectrum of diversity or nuance in a given population set.

Car dependency is a tax.