Old 05-17-18, 07:56 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
Here's my bike cave setup at the moment, currently have my cx bike on the trainer. To the left of my bike is an old dresser we used as a tv stand and now serves as a side table for me, plus I put a portable AC on the stand during the summer. Makes for a good place to leave stuff within reach. Currently using my wife's macbook air for zwifting (better graphics than my ancient core2duo desktop now there), and I sometimes use that old vizio tv on the green filing cabinet as a monitor for zwifting purposes, although it's just for visual distraction, as I train indoors with trainerroad from my ipad. My wife recently got some cheap workout tiles and I really like them, except they are a bit light so they are already dented from the trainer and bike shoes. Overall, pretty happy with this setup, would love a better PC of my own (12 years is pretty long in the tooth, but it really runs fine for the vast majority of things I do) but that's nitpicking and I'm not super serious about the zwifting at the moment.
< snipped images>
I have similar mats, maybe 15 or so of them, all ruined now. I think I'll just put a thin rug on top of vinyl tile.

For storage I'm thinking the simple geometric pieces from IKEA. We have Expedit stuff, it's been udpated to a new version of the same, and it's solid, easy to anchor to the wall, and holds a lot of stuff. Done right a monitor could sit in the middle somewhere, there could be doors or solid drawer fronts, etc.

The monitor tip is huge. I want a larger monitor (mainly for the driving game set up, not for Zwift) and $180 is doable for a close to 40" screen. I "train" with the driving, lift to exhaustion then do some driving. It really helps with karting, I can go 3 hours and be barely fatigued now.

I run Zwift on an new-old machine. I bought the parts for a "main" PC (server with a lot of storage, usable for some video games) back in 2008 or so, never built it. Finally put it all together last year for Zwift, with a new video card. Works well enough for me.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson