View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 10:05 AM
metalheart44

Bikes: Holland Exogrid & Holland HC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks for the comments. As far as risk factors, I am well passed middle age, I have no "viking" (i.e. northern european) ancestry that I know of, but last time I looked I am still male. In late August I did have a crash where I flew over the handle bars and my right hand and other body parts did break the fall, so maybe that is a contributing factor.

My hand is compromised to some extent right now, but I have some arthritic fingers on that hand and the discomfort could be arthritis rather than Dupuytrens.

I ride more on the hoods than on the bar tops and use the drops when required, but most of the time I am on the hoods and any pressure I feel is at the base of the palm. I am just not clear about if using gloves will help to prevent things getting worse. if I can find a pair of padded gloves that work for me, I guess there is no harm in trying. And, probably need to use them for weight work as well.

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences as it helps to know that it is possible to continue cycling with this condition.