View Single Post
Old 11-11-17, 11:04 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by matt92037
My frame showed up yesterday. Unlike what the website shows as a R265 mine is a R275. Unfortunately (for me) they changed from a 44mm oversized head tube to the same tapered headtube that the R260 uses which means I need to track down headset today.

I ordered the industrial mill finish but ended up giving the frame the grey 3M pad treatment to give a brushed finish. Also was not liking the top tube decal so that is gone.

Welds and workmanship are solid. The only negative is the weight = 4lbs naked. This is where I think Lynskey brings in their frames at a lower price point than others. Other more expensive titanium disc frames seem to come in at the 1400g range where this on is 1800g+.

Ask Kish about the difference between butted and straight gauge Titanium on his bikes he makes....about 6 ounces and $600 bucks.

Lynskey being a big volume maker, and also an OEM for some other brands...that is how they're able to fly under the $4K mark more typical of other Ti fabricators that hit those lighter weights. Straight tubing, and therefore more weight, on most of their line AFAIK.