Old 12-04-18, 10:39 AM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by atwl77 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really a fan of bags that attach to the handlebar. They either get in the way of a hand position (i.e. the tops), or get in the way of the gadgets (light, bike computer, camera). I usually get by with stuffing my food in my jersey pocket, although this time I had my tools taking up one pocket slot which limited my carry options. When I ride longer brevets I tend to have a bigger saddle bag where my tools will reside, freeing up a pocket for more food and gels.
Completely understand the premium of handlebar real estate! I've managed to squeeze in mounts for 2 headlights, an eTrek GPS mount, a daytime flasher, and inclinometer along with the mounting strap for this bag! My bike computer is mounted on the stem of my handlebars now as my Shimano Flightdeck finally stopped behaving properly after 15 years of use.

You might say I have a lot of redundancy! And you are right, but I've had rides where only 1 of my 3 mileage tracking gizmos was working the entire time.