Nessism
Banned.

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeread
Regarding front end comfort, the road shocks will travel up through the tyres, wheels, fork and bars to your hands. I cannot see how the frame will make much difference to this except perhaps the head tube supporting and reducing flex in the steerer tube.

I suspect that rear end comfort is mainly down to tyres, wheels, seatpost and saddle with the frame contributing - but maybe not much.

So the frame I am building - (Double OS) should be comfortable to ride as long as I select bars and seatpost carefully.

So I am going to keep a look out for some NOS Deda 215 26mm bars - and a girvin flex stem
The front end doesn't flex a whole lot in the vertical plane, but there is some. You mentioned going with Columbus in other thread about poor dimensional (thickness) control by Reynolds.
What exact tubes are you going to use? And what fork? The fork has a significant effect on ride quality.

Regarding rear end flex in the vertical plane, I think that's much less than the front. And I don't think the seat post flexes much either unless you have a massive amount of post exposed.