Old 10-16-19, 01:50 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
It's as you say, not all impairments are visible, and thus I don't wish for lightning to strike down anyone just for being on an ebike. But it's pretty obvious that the huge influx of ebikes is not due to suddenly a lot of people with impairments being able to fulfill their wish to ride a bike. I'd say it's mostly the same crowd with disposable income but no wish for any cardio that's adopting hoverboards, electric skateboards, and scooters.
Exactly, fitness is hard, especially starting out, bike riding can be a slog. I started in 2013 and could basically just do 20mins at a time on a flat trail. But I started gradually increasing the time I spent, I spent the winter on a cheap fluid trainer, and within a year I did a century in 6hrs and did my first road race. To get actually aerobically fit requires up to 12 weeks of really consistent riding (at least a lot of training plans have 12 weeks as a base phase). People would rather take the easy way out than put in the work to improve, and that's in all aspects of fitness, so many people (including many here) really have no idea what type of work it takes to really get better fitness.
Likes For hubcyclist: