Old 02-11-20, 10:46 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
These photos were taken on my wife’s and my loop of Southern Ontario during the summer of 2019. We started the tour after visiting with my family just south of Detroit, Michigan; and ended up circumnavigating Lake St. Clair because there were not any nearby facilities to cross into Canada by bicycle except for a ferry at the north end of Lake St. Clair. We rode 154 miles to end up on the Canadian side of the Detroit River, within a mile of where we started the ride.

Our route took us around Lake St. Clair, south along the Detroit River to Lake Erie, along Lake Erie’s northern shore to Niagara Falls, north along the shore of Lake Ontario to Toronto, north to Owen Sound on the Georgian Bay, southwest along Lake Huron’s eastern shore back to the ferry at Walpole, Ontario, and finishing at my brother’s place south of Detroit. I don't thnk you can go too far wrong anywhere in Southern Ontario.

It was a great tour. It included urban, quiet country roads, bike paths, and even a little single track. All the Great Lakes were at historically high levels, causing flooding and a few minor detours. The high water also made made Niagara Falls even more spectacular. We especially enjoyed the section along Lake Huron.

Check this site out. The "Cycling in Ontario" publication might be a good resource: Cycling in Ontario .

The view from the top of Skylon tower is worth the small cost and time spent. This is American Falls seen from the tower.

Last edited by Doug64; 04-18-20 at 11:25 PM.