View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 12:06 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10962 Post(s)
Liked 7,489 Times in 4,189 Posts
Ive done a few frames with spray.bike paint. It isnt a smooth and glossy as wet, it isnt as durable as powdercoat, but its worked great for each of the bikes and is what Ive wanted each time.
The first pic is an '89 Centurion Ironman I helped a teen I know paint and build up with components from a donor bike. Flourescent paint with splatter red on top. Really cool- the kid missed the early 90s by a couple decades, but knows whats good.
The second and third pics is a late 80s Novara Trionfo frame that was painted flat black with green kerin(glitter) clearcoat. Its been over a couple years and the paint has held up perfectly. I use it outdoors(one of many, so not frequent) and its my indoor trainer bike. I dont need it to be showroom looks.
The fourth pic is a 24" wheel MTB frame I built up with my youngest daughter. We were going to powdercoat it, but she wanted to paint it instead. Its a semi-gloss navy blue. After a season of use, there are some marks on the top tube from her dragging her foot to mount/dismount, but otherwise the paint is still great.

I think this spring, a bare Schwinn Premis frame I have is going to be powdercoated baby blue, then covered in red kerin flake clearcoat. So I guess thats a partial paint by me?

Likes For mstateglfr: