View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 12:59 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
It may be extraneous thinking, as others have pointed out, but maybe it's a good sign that you can plan for more important things. If you haven't started saving for retirement yet, start now. Compounded interest is most powerful when you start early. Save at least 5% of your take-home if you can, and later, you can build a habit of saving even more.
Good advice for a young person. Such thinking and commitment to saving funded a retirement that lets me buy what I want, within reason, like the occasional bike I don't need and the time to ride it. Hell, I can even afford more barcons when I want 'em.

Back to the issue of health and flexibility, one of my plans for aging is a suitable ride for my older self. I have a 23" men's Raleigh Sports and I expect that one day I will not be able to swing a leg over that diamond frame in order to ride, so I got a 23" ladies' bike that is waiting in the wings for just such a time.

I may also get a mixte frame for the same needs in a road bike.
Likes For thumpism: