burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Yes, don't you? Best ever was 70 according to the speedo, coming down a 4 mile descent called Petersburg Pass on the NY MA border. Even blew past a couple cyclists I knew who were only doing 55mph. I'm older and not as foolhardy but still consider 55 down large hills/small mountains where I know the roads to be quite reasonable.
Cool.

What about the part though where I said a minuscule detail involving your aero is significantly more important than a watt in the wheel hubs?

Is the concern that they don't spin nice in a work stand, don't roll as far down a small roll down test, or are they sooooooo slow descending that they outweigh the importance of your position on the bike?

I'm a marginal gains kind of thinker for TT, but there has to be some practical application as well.

Also, the whole spin down and little tests done aren't the practical application anyway. You'd need to be able to accurately replicate it at the speeds of concern like a rolling resistance test using a set of rollers and really nice power meter.

Unloaded bearing spin is a worthless assertion of their capabilities under load and at speed.
Likes For burnthesheep: