View Single Post
Old 05-26-20, 01:13 PM
chico81 

Bikes: 1983 Austro Daimler - Puch Pacifica, 1984 Miyata 310, 1983 Univega Gran Tourismo, 1989 Peugeot Triathlon, 1989 Bridgestone MB-1, 1992 Klein Rascal, 1992 Cannondale M-700

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
I appreciate your input, Gregory. I do have the bike X-posted locally (same price) and on eBay (higher price). I have had two buyers drop out at the last minute, so have a box ready to go!

While I’m in no rush to sell, I would rather it not languish on the market when it could be ridden and enjoyed by a new owner.

I would much rather the bike go to an enthusiast, so I will be lowering the price for BF members. I am also completely open for negotiations, possible trades, and other reasonable offers. As long as the bike goes to someone who will love it, I’m okay not making a few extra $$$

Price bump!

-Ian

Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
Last year I managed to sell a cool Olmo Gran Sport from around 1960 for $950 after I mechanically restored and cleaned up all of the components. It was almost ready to ride (just needed glue on tires and an extra link the chain). I lost $300 on that transaction because I'd had a wheel set professionally built up (it came with incorrect later wheels).

Your Frejus is in extremely good condition by way of comparison, and just as rare. The size is a bit awkward with such a long reach compared to the seat tube, but I know many Italian racing frames were designed thusly. I think your price is fair, but you may need to expand your advertisement to include eBay and expect to pay those seller fees from the current asking.

-Gregory