Old 06-16-20, 12:12 PM
fleslider 

Bikes: 1974 Paramount ~ 1974 Raleigh Pro ~ 1977 Pro-Tour ~ 1978 TX900 ~ IronMan 85,87:E/M,88:M/Pro,89:E ~ 98 Peugeot Festina Replica

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
A small woman's Ironman came through my home a few years ago, back when I was flipping bikes. My kid Juj already had a bike of their own but they fell in love with this bike with the small front wheel, a replica of the Terry design. (I'm using they/them pronouns to refer to my kid, as that is their choice.) The bike was too small for my kid, but they loved it anyway. Eventually I sold the bike. Then they met Kat, their girlfriend, now their wife, who is 5'0" (152 cm) tall. And a bike just like the one I had bought and sold popped up, so I grabbed it. Kat isn't an experienced rider and wasn't all that comfortable with the racing geometry and drop handlebars. On my suggestion and her approval, I just replaced the handlebars. I have to find some shifters that will mount on the handlebars, because upright bars and down-tube shifters are not a great mix.

Before:

After:

Nice score Tom, that 87 looks to be in great shape! A set of Deore (XT) thumbies would be perfect for it !