View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 11:20 AM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1944 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,323 Posts
When I was a teenager, I was moping around because I was not the best at anything I compared myself to others I knew and proceeded to list everyone who did this or that better than me. My Mom then asked me what about do this with that person or that with this person. I told her they don't do that. She then said I should be thankful that I do a lot of things things well enough to enjoy them. I have carried that with me my whole life.

I've done the 4 hour rides and the all day explores, but I've always been a hour or two rider. Just like everything else I do. I never surfed and then hung out at the beach all day. Never played golf and then sat around talking about it for hours.

I'm really not a cyclist, even though I've ridden road, for decades, and mountain bikes. I was almost 62 when I first started to ride trails. I crashed so much. That was such an eye opener and gave me so much respect for the skill of the good riders. I do okay, and certainly well enough to enjoy it.

John