Old 06-12-20, 05:29 PM
tNuvolari

Bikes: 1986 Torpado Beta, 2006 Wilier Triestina Izoard

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Nice pics from everyone above!

My project is nearing the final stages. I just bought the last major item, a left Ergo lever yesterday, and now the only things I need are a threadless stem adapter and some minor things like the Campagnolo Low Friction Bottom Bracket Cable Guide, part number FS9301 (sic) and probably a couple other things that I'm forgetting right now.
But today I received my new handlebars, ITM The Bar. They have some scratching but I like the basic color scheme of them along with the Ergo cable recesses and the anatomic shape. The drop is super shallow but I'm getting old and drops are a young man's game! I mainly bought these for the price and weight: about $12 total shipped price and 190grams.
So here are the pics, first of my old ITM Stem and bars along with the Athena brake levers and hoods which I will miss.

Do you guys like my high tech amazon cycling computer?

And the pretty Campy white hoods, original and 25 years old now! Ignore the cork tape...

ITM Mondial bars

190-200 gram bars, yay!

Scratched slightly....But my high tech amazon cycling computer will distract everyone's eyes from the bars!

And one Ergo lever mounted and ready while we wait for the second to arrive....

Another week and hopefully I'll have the index system up and purring (what can go wrong?) just in time for the full return of crazy LA traffic. Ok, maybe not full return but getting worse every day.

Oh, so I am far from being a true cyclist at this point. I do like to ride fast though and am trying to get to where I can cruise at around 20mph. I find I can almost keep up when a "true" cyclist passes me, or at least keep up until I die. No one else passes me except those with jerseys. I tend to ride at a brisk pace until I die. Then I either stop and rest or back off for a bit. My route is fairly flat, or at least no major hills. I tend to feel much better riding now than when I was half my age and riding. Oh, I'm 53, lazy but naturally thin and a type 1 diabetic so that always complicates things but so far I've kept an eye on glucose and no bad lows despite the huge increase in my activity. I've almost never exercised a day in my life so I figured the ole ticker ain't getting any healthier and it's time to find some type of activity I can tolerate. The aspect of speed and racing in cycling really appeals to me, coming from a background of extreme love of sports cars and auto racing. (See my other thread about cycling sports car freaks that no one has replied to yet...)

Anyway, just wondering the pace you guys ride at, how long it takes to get to a comfortable aerobic level and any other cycling/training/health info you can share.

Thanks and more to come....