Old 06-20-20, 03:05 PM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 200 Times in 92 Posts
After seeing the pictures in one of the other threads I realized the Campy ferrule with the plastic pigtail actually goes into the adjustable cable screw and the bellows goes on the other side of the screw. The purpose of using the parts at the lower part of the RD is to prevent dirt from getting into where the cable slides in and out of the cable housing in the RD. I just finished re-installing my RD cable on my De Rosa the proper way.

I'm not familiar with the Campy Ergo levers but there are quite a few Youtube videos for rebuilding the levers so it possible there may be something amiss in the internals of your lever. My De Rosa came with the 8 speed Ergo levers but I've never used them because I wanted the Syncro downtube shifters for a more vintage look.

I originally installed the bellows on the right of the braze on cable guide and the Campy ferrule with the plastic pigtail to the left of the cable guide.

I believe the proper location to to put the ferrule with the pigtail where the cable enters the RD. Notice I installed a step ferrule where the cable housing will connect to the braze on cable guide.

Now the portion of the cable that slides in and out of the cable housing is protected from dirt.