View Single Post
Old 07-16-18, 07:27 PM
BromptonINrio
Stardust

Bikes: Dahon Curve Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton M6r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
In order to add to the knowledge base of this channel, to widen often parochial, elitist perspectives on folding bikes, particularly solid low-price, value gear, I am sharing here some of the framesets easily available in many countries of Asia-Pacific. I list price to provide perspective. I have no commercial interests, direct or indirect in this. Just sharing, that's all.

Litepro/Crius Velocity
Al alloy, $150 frameset (2.8kg), 406/451 wheel

FnHon Gust
Chome-moly, frameset $275, 305/349 wheel

Litepro/Crius Master D
Al alloy, $150 frameset, 406/451 wheel, disk brake

None of these bikes require any proprietary parts. Handleposts, 74cm front OLD, etc. are all folding bike standard, Shimano Road/MTB standard plug-and-play. This, and the fact that you can buy a frame alone, means that you can customize to your heart's content without a price premium or a middleman. Chose the best or worst, the cheapest or priciest parts. It's all up to you. Their low price, the cutting out of the middleman, and non-proprietary nature means greater accesability, a democratization of the segment away from pricy boutique jobs, and a move from fringe to mainstream.

For those looking for solid complete bikes that don't cost an arm and a leg, and don't weigh a ton, you can look to the FSIR Spin line of bikes in 20" and 16" wheel sizes.

Spin 5.0

Spin 3.0
beautifull bikes! Fair priced!