View Single Post
Old 05-07-21, 05:50 AM
adyoung2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
T-Mar , you seem like the resident expert on Bianchi serial numbers and frames. Any thoughts on my earlier enquiry below?
Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by adyoung2
Seeking the experts’ opinion (ID of Bianchi Mega Pro ST)...
I have recently come into possession of a unique “project bike”, built up around what I believe to be a late 90s Mega Pro ST frame.
Condition is excellent, and I was told be the individual who sourced the frame that it was a “new old stock” unit. I’m very curious to know more.
the serial number is WA71200671A, and it has most of the usual Mega Pro decals I have come to expect, save for any on the frame to denote the type of tubing using. I’m guessing standard chromoly (or Deda Zero Tre), but I’ve received a conflicted opinion that it could be a different alloy such as 18MCDV6HT (Deda Zero Uno?) tubing. In any case, I’d appreciate your insights.
(Note: as I am a new user with fewer than 10 posts, I cannot share any pictures, but can happily do so if it helps with the identification)

*** Additional information added to help identification (as I cannot yet post pictures as a "newbie"!):
Description of decals:
a. Along top tube (right side, when seated on bike): "Mega-Pro ST" near seat tube, "Bianchi" near head tube
b. Along top tube (left side, when seated on bike): *Bianchi's signature* near seat tube, "Bianchi" near head tube
c. Along down tube (right side, when seated on bike): "Bianchi" right near the bottom bracket shell with a "Mega Pro Advanced Tube Set" sticker above it, then the primary "Bianchi" decal along the majority of the length
d. Along down tube (left side, when seated on bike): "Bianchi" right near the bottom bracket shell with a "Bianchi Reparto Corse" and "Handmade" stickers above it, then the primary "Bianchi" decal along the majority of the length
e. On top face of down tube near joint with head tube: "Campione del Mondo"
f. Along seat tube (right side, when seated on bike): "Bianchi"
g. Along seat tube (left side, when seated on bike): "Bianchi"
h. On front face of seat tube, near joint with bottom bracket shell: "Made in Italy"

What seems to be lacking are any indications of the particular material type used - I know these Mega Pro frames usually have a Zero Uno, Zero Tre, or other type of sticker to denote the tube material type. Any help here to determine the particular steel type would be great. Finally, the paint colour is a dark metallic blue, with all "Bianchi" labelling in classic Celeste.