Old 09-21-19, 10:18 AM
str

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 487 Times in 236 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Nice shot.
I have a feeling I've asked already, but what developer do you use for the tri-x? I shot it for decades and generally used D-76, but at some point started using tmax film and the luiquid tmax developer, liked the grain sharpness of that combo, but you had to watch over development, it would get contrasty quickly.
Printed for many years on a lovely focomat enlarged with a variable contrast head, with a dial to change contrast filters-- fantastic to be able to fine tune, so not just 2 1/2 or three, but in between as you wanted.
Especially useful for quickly changing contrast for burning in highlights.

So strange to think that for ages working as a printer and developer, that for the most part, it's now a lost art.
I always liked agfa fb vc paper. You don't print it that warm do you? I assume it's your scan, it's in rgb right?

The darkroom---
Miss it but don't miss it....
I do miss having a body loaded b+w and really "looking" in b+w. Vision just isn't the same for me with digital and I simply don't think in b+w with a digital body.

Ps that print looks like you printed it at 3 1/2 or 4? The grain looks like it.

and where are the prints printed in many years,,,, ? yes I used D76 and Agfa MCC111, this is a scan from a very cheap printer... with a good scanner one could get out much more quality. and when looking at prints, these is still nothing on the market what reaches the quality and tonal range of a well made baryta paper print.