View Single Post
Old 07-01-19, 09:43 AM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
@tallbikeman, last year, the 22 pounds I lost before surgery was difficult. I was not able to get much exercise in. I was very angry at myself for letting myself get in that shape. And then I got the heart news. I was headed for trouble. And then the sleep study showed I had severe obstructive sleep apnea, and that CPAP machine saved my life. Being able to sleep again, took a lot of stress off my heart. Which, let me get some exercise. And the cardiologist put me in her cardiac rehab gym program. Yes, with the guys that had already had heart attacks and surgeries.

My BP was higher than yours is currently. I was SHOCKED they took me off BP meds the day I had surgery. But I am regularly in the 110/70 range. I have had a 98/53 with a 68 heart rate... Hard to believe the changes in the past year...

I'm not great at journaling, but my nutritionist did require me to chart food with myfitnesspal as well. And she wanted me to be specific, if I had a sandwich, I had to chart 2 slices of the bread, amount of meat, cheese, condiment and any veg. AND BRANDS... And had to print them weekly to send her. I cut out all soda 3 months before surgery. I do drink brewed iced tea, unsweetened. Not tea from a soda fountain. I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. (I work in the desert, hydration is life!!)

I was frustrated yesterday with my ride. The rash in my unmentionable area was manageable, but the bike rear brake failing was a safety issue to me. I wish there were more hours in my day, to ride. But the employment thing is an obstacle... I need to get a bike back on the trainer...

Thank you sir for the kind words!!! Good luck!