Old 10-15-19, 06:55 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
I bit and besides the very distracting nature of the image (I think he's riding a bike but could be a camel for that matter) understood all his points. Agreed with a few, don't care to ever mention a few more.

One of my gripes is when paid professionals use the work "toss" instead of install. I'm a full believer in the Barnett view that pro mechanics don't throw parts at their customers' bikes. Even when done rightfully so (as in anger) the part doesn't know enough to stay attached and then align/adjust it's self correctly If we want to feel respected and worth the labor rates we fight to raise we need to also talk professionally. To say "I'll toss that BB onto your bike" sounds like Trump talking, all show and little thought. Andy
As a customer, I'd take that as implying that it's an easy installation, taking little time with no risk of failure. An affectation that I wouldn't really take seriously.

I didn't watch, but my 2 cents on the only thing that's peeved me with mechanics, is when they fib a little for the shop. Maybe it's shop policy. There's no such thing as a take-off for example, because nobody upgrades - they just buy new bikes. No used parts, and no used bikes either.