Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Originally Posted by Digger Goreman
Twice, at the same major intersection, drivers claiming my crossing light is red. As stated in another thread, these morons are looking at THE COUNTDOWN NUMBERS....
If you are talking about the lights for crossings and crosswalks that tell you when it's safe to walk, then those are confusing and I've no idea what the actual rules say for them.

We have them here too. If you push the crossing button, they'll come on at the appropriate time, but only remain on for the length of time a very fast walker can cross. If you are a late comer to the crossing, then even if the light for motor vehicle traffic is still going to stay the same for another two minutes or so, you won't get the light for the crossing. And I've checked, there are no differences in the left turn lights for motor vehicles during that time from when the crossing light was showing it okay to cross. Nor any other signal that I can figure.

So this is one that me and my wife ignore when walking. We are aware of when the light first changed and how long it will remain green for the motor vehicles. On my bike I don't have to ignore it because I'm in the motor vehicle lane.

But I've been thinking about writing and complaining to the various powers that be on this. I like the old crossing lights that simply showed you as able to cross any time the traffic light was green for the traffic parallel to the crossing. Then they had a countdown five or ten seconds before the light turned red.

I know they must be trying to protect us more by limiting us. But I'm not waiting on a corner in near 100°F temps for the brief 15 seconds out of upwards of four minutes depending on time of day to get another chance.
Likes For Iride01: