arbee

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Charris519
Day 1: Delaware Water Gap to Lambertville
<snip>
Staying at cheap hotels or AirBNBs along the way.
Specific to your plan to overnight in Lambertville, I know no lodgings consistent with "cheap hotels or AirBNB", but I heartily recommend a visit to Inn of the Hawke either to dine or for a beverage of your choice. Or both.

From the Feeder Canal, exit the canal path at what may or may not be Mt Hope St (no signs on any of my visits). Continue east one block to Inn of the Hawke; then, continue another block, turn left (north) on Wilson St. On a sequence of visits, unofficial bicycle parking at the northeast corner of the building improved to a bicycle parking lot (don't block the kitchen), next to the unoffical entrance to the garden. The only thing lacking here: hammocks. My one complaint: this place was so perfect that I never tried Marhaba (mid-east menu), across the street and also well-recommended. If you're looking for just the basics, there's Cycle Corner which includes a coffee bar and pastries.

On one visit to Inn of the Hawke at about this time of year, a bacon-lettuce-and-tomato sandwich was sublime.

For postprandial entertainment, particularly if you've had a few drinks, Inn of the Hawke also offers ... more.