View Single Post
Old 09-04-19, 12:33 AM
GreenNeedle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tulok
looking forward to your review. I’ve used Biopace on my road bikes for about 6 years. I know what I feel with them but I’ll save it because most people are saying the same thing I feel! Haha.
I think I will disappoint you Didn't take the bike out on Monday as it rained. So I left them on and used them on my "sprint to work" today. 9 miles there, 9 miles back. I honestly could not tell they were oval, didn't affect my spin rate, didn't make me go slower or faster. I do have a light touch on the pedals though. I used the small ring half the way there and then changed to the big ring. Left it on the big ring all the way home, being naughty and "cross chaining" if necessary as I don't get any rub from 1 to 10 when on the big ring. Route is virtually flat all the way, mostly staying at 18mph. Max was 25.2mph. Wasn't pushing too hard as I need to stand up all night at work. Also I wanted to test them in the same scenario as I am used to with the Red rings.

Only difference was the shifting from small - big. I'm used to the red where I click the lever and it changes instantly. Tried that on these and it struggles to change. Had to hold the lever in until it had changed. No biggie and of course we are comparing modern top end to old tech but My son's Claris and other son's Apex don't need you to hold the lever like that.

Will give it another sprint tonight/tomorrow morning (I work nightshifts) and then try the rotation thing to see if I notice anything then.