View Single Post
Old 08-05-20, 10:29 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
I haven't found the NFS instructions to apply sparingly to be sufficient, and Zero Friction Cycling's review backs up my experience.
From https://zerofrictioncycling.com.au/w...-Silca-NFS.pdf :
12-12-12 Method - UPDATED!
Working with the team at Friction Facts we have discovered that on a perfectly clean and dry chain, you need more than just the 12 drops in the 12-12-12 method. We are recommending one small drop per link for your first application with a solid 12 revolutions of the crank using a rag to wipe away the excess. After that, 12-12-12 is a perfect way to replenish your lube. From a noise and friction perspective, 12-12-12 every 300-400 miles with NFS is the equivalent of adding one drop per link every 200 miles with other wet lubes.
Unfortunately I only found that blurb after already following the instructions on my bottle, so my chain (Dura-Ace 11sp that was new and got NFS after first degreasing, used only indoors so far) gets noisy and dirty after an hour of riding and reapplication hasn't made it any better in that regard. I need to do another full degreasing and then try again, but I've been putting that off.