Old 04-22-19, 06:33 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandera
Some of us Own the Property that has provided our family's living for generations in the proposed HSR corridor, and there are thousands of us.

Is anyone on BF willing to be "compensated" for the destruction of their heritage, economy and way of life for a dubious project that "benefits" big corporations?

Of course not, the LCF "elite-thinkers " don't own enough combined to right-of-way on the planet for a decent sidewalk, and would be instantly NIMBY about it.

PS: What happened to the Dirigibles and Tarps that were so LCF De-Rigeur awhile ago.

Hindenburg-ed, or just Covered ?

Now LCF is on to Choo-choo trains.

What's next?

Teleportation or Ox Carts?

In the mean time proceed with your idle useless self-congratulatory insider/bubble chit-chat while actual Texans decide what to do with our transportation future.

-Bandera

Thanks for interjecting what the proposals of people not dealing with the results don't seem to understand. Some people like living where they do and are simply not interested in giving up their lifestyle for people living hundreds of miles away in either direction. They make the argument like the HSR will improve the life of the common man while in truth it is to cater to the business traveler and they already have a system to get from one big city to the next big city. Because this system has nothing to do with people living in-between those big cities. And it has nothing to do with the average family wanting to get from point A to point B for a vacation.

Originally Posted by rossiny
I see your point, unfortunately I just don't think people are going to part with their cars . My sister once thought I was nuts when I said we need good public transit. When she came from the old country (Italy) . She had to wait for buses when she worked at a clothing suit factory. She said at times it was late and cold and in bad parts of town . Why in the hell would you want to take away the convenience of my car she said . I worked hard for it. Hard argument to beat...

I have had the same conversation with foreign visitors and immigrants from other countries. We had friends from Israel come stay with us. At the time we had two cars so we said they could use one of ours but they rented a SUV because they said driving one here was less expensive than renting a small car in England. During their month long stay not once did they want to take the Train to San Diego, they drove. The drove to LA. They took a plane to San Francisco and rented a car. When asked why they said what I have come to expect. Public transportation goes when it wants to go and comes back when it wants to come back and you can miss a connection. With a car that doesn't ever happen. I have developed an opinion that it is far easier to be car free when you don't have a choice. When you have a choice people will always pick what works best for them not what is best for others. Notice I said my opinion.