View Single Post
Old 07-24-20, 04:42 PM
wthensler 

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR 7, 2012 Giant Defy 0, 2012 Trek Domane 6.2 P1, Bianchi Infinito CV disc Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 250 Posts
I managed 38 hard miles on a slightly truncated route in the mountains of VA. No pics today as I forgot my phone. I got a call from Chain Reaction Cycles in FL, my Domane is fixed. A whopping $470 for tires and wheel alignment, new Di2 cable and rear derailleur hanger, new cassette, tune up, handlebar tape, etc.

The bike was in a fall several weeks back, when a driver at a roundabout did not stop when I had the right of way. She never stopped....So there was that damage plus deferred maintenance.

So soon I’ll have two Domane bikes, as I ordered a 2021 SL7 with Di2. I ordered red so people can see it, and another 58cm, which is too big according to the Trek site, but I like larger frames. My present Domane is a 58. The new one will take about 2 months due to Covid, but I can slum it with the Bianchi (sniff, sniff).

I don’t post a lot in this thread, but I ride between 600 and 800 miles a month......