View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 03:31 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Depending on what kind of pictures you want and how you will use them, you might want to consider Sony's a6000 series cameras.
My wife and I both use the Sony a6000, and also have one more as a backup. It will easily do everything my DSLR will do, and even do some things better.

Pluses:
  • Compact, mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses. It will fit easily in my bar bag;
  • Has a large 24 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor that can produce high resolution (6000 x 4000 pixel) poster size photos;
  • Has an electronic eye level viewfinder, as well as a rear screen. This is the primary reason my wife and I use these cameras;
  • Wide range of excellent lenses are available;
  • Durable, I have shot over 50,000 photos with my a6000; and
  • The reason I did this is the camera will shoot at a rate of 11 frames per second which is great for sports and other fast action activities.
Minuses:
  • It is hard on batteries, depending on what we are shooting, we will each carry up to 3 batteries.
This is a full frame right out of the camera picture of a portion of the Berlin Wall.

An enlargement of the young women. Individual strands of hair are still visible.

This panned photo of my wife was shot using an a6000 at 1/40 second exposure, 11 fps, and the great auto focusing features of the camera.

Last edited by Doug64; 10-15-19 at 09:42 PM.