View Single Post
Old 12-23-14, 11:22 AM
TheLoneWolf

Bikes: VINTAGE: 1984 components on 1977 Trek tourer frame and 1995 MTB Specialized Hardrock --- NEW: Crane 8 Folder bike (Origami Bicycles Co.)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been lurking Bike Forums here for awhile just for random information. Just joined BF and so, this would be my first virginal post This Genesis topic is fun & most informative. It reminds me about the very vintage/old VW Beetles and their passionate owners (I was one of them) doing all manner of mods & tweaks to their basically affordable VW (at that time).

I'm just a leisure rider, long time owner of a very vintage trek tourer and an semi-vintage hard rock mtb. Looking for folder as back-up, only very short/quick rides (to store, post office, errands, etc) and to carry in my old truck. So far, my interest is narrowing between Citizen Gotham 7 and maybe Origami's upcoming new Crane 8. Price affordability is primary consideration with some reasonable quality in the folder. I am a capable DIY & no problem doing a little mechanical type work on bikes.

Appreciate Atombikes & other members too, sharing their ongoing Genesis journey! So far, minimal mention about the Genesis's seat post? Specifically its length. I am assuming the Genesis owners here are under 6 feet tall!? I'm not really big either, just about 5' 10". A few members that commented earlier & briefly about the seatpost, it seems the Genesis seat post is just minimally-barely long enough?? I emailed Citizen about the dimensions of their seat posts ... the diameter & length and they could not tell me and said to phone them. If possible, could anyone tell me what is the diameter of the Genesis seatpost? Also the total length? (from the center of seat rail clamps to end of seatpost). I would prefer seatposts that have a little extra for height adjustment. Someone mentioned that Thor USA sells some Dahon accessories, including a longer seatpost upgrade. There specs say 640mm long (25 inches) and has diameter of 33.9mm (1.33 inches). Does the Genesis seatpost have same diameter?

Again, this is a great topic and Bike Forums in general, is an encyclopedic wealth of knowledge!

Last edited by TheLoneWolf; 12-23-14 at 11:33 AM.