View Single Post
Old 05-08-16, 05:43 PM
GeoKrpan
George Krpan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My buddy and I rode our no suspension 29+ bikes. It was Sunday so there were plenty of other riders on the trail.

Riding a 29+ in 2016 is like riding a regular 29er back in 2007. In 2007 just about everyone was still riding 26ers and everyone you met was curious about them, 29ers. Of course there were those who were sceptical about them and some who were downright hostile. Anyone you met that was also on a 29er was instantly your friend. As a matter a fact that is how I met my buddy nine years ago.

Then, of course, there was the ridiculous argument about the "heavier" wheels. We all know how that turned out. Now 26ers are the more rare sighting. I like to say that 29ers did to 26ers what The Beatles did to Elvis.

It's exactly the same riding a 29+ in 2016. Loads of curious 29er riders, scepticism, hostility, and doubts about the heavy wheels. My opinion is that the 29+ is as big an improvement over the 29er as the 29er was over the 26er.

We "raced" lots of other riders on full suspension bikes. None of them were faster and, fortunately, none of them were hostile. A fun, fun time.