Old 04-29-18, 08:40 AM
Fiend606

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedals with grip/reflectors for size 13EE feet

I just bought a Giant Escape 2 City Disc and I despise the pedals. My feet slip off often and I can't seem to keep my feet in a sweet spot to pedal. I will be commuting to work on my bike at night and I wish to be legal in the event of an accident. I have already ordered head light/tail light, mirrors and other reflectors but still the amber reflectors on the pedals seem required for night biking according to the ambiguously worded laws here in Pennsylvania. My top choice are Shimano PD-MX80 Saint pedals but no reflectors and although they made add-on reflectors for them(part #SM-PD64) no one in the USA seems to sell them. I found a source over seas and they are cheap but the shipping is expensive. My last resort is to order several sets of the SM-PD64 reflectors and try to sell the extras to break even on the shipping(I'm not even interested in making a profit or offset the cost of the actual reflectors for myself). I'd rather try to find a suitable pedal in the USA before resorting to all the extra time , money and effort involved in ordering from over seas.

So I've spent about 8 hours total looking on Amazon for suitable pedals that hit all my needs...good grip in dry, damp or wet conditions, large flat platform, durable and amber reflectors. I can't seem to find a good match on my own. Thanks in advance for any input or advice!

Here's my new bike so far....