View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 07:00 PM
RyanAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Hey, all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I somehow managed to find some time to just sit and think about what I want out of this bike, and the Elephant NFE really checks all of the boxes.

I keep reading the description of the NFE on the Elephant website and it perfectly sums up what I’m looking for:

“...the ideal bike for long days of spirited riding on dirt roads. While designed to carry a small load over the wheel for day supplies, the NFE also handles well with low-riders and a rear saddle bag for overnighting.” And “...the NFE is light and responsive...”

Can’t afford a new frame, so I’ve decided to actively poke around for a used one, hopefully within budget. (Yeah, I know...) And I’ll keep an eye out for a Crust as well. If one doesn’t come around after a few weeks, I’ll take a hard look at the Black Mountain frames and the Polyvalent and make a decision. I think the Monstercross, Road+, MCD or Polyvalent would each make a fun bike to explore with. I appreciate the thoughts and guidance, and if anyone has anything else for me to consider, by all means, please chime in.

Best,
Ryan