Old 07-11-19, 06:16 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I wouldn't say terrible as much as not properly expressed. A good clean keto type diet is an excellent way to lose weight. I eat low carb and my diet is about as good as a human's can be. When eating this you want a good variety of vegetables and good quality meats.

I know a little about this since I've actually lost 145 lbs in a year. I did it by eating perfect and exercising. I cut out all sugar, all grains, and starchy vegetables like potatoes and yellow squash.

Belly fat is mostly caused by sugar consumption or foods that on the glycemic index act just like sugar. You can eat a bowel of Corn flakes with no added sugar or a bowel of sugar with no added corn flakes and they are exactly the same metabolically.
Now its your statement that's not properly expressed. Belly fat is a result of your genetic predisposition. Thought sugar can most certainly accelerate the process.
Originally Posted by RH Clark
You only need the carbs if you are a carb burner. When your body has been burning fat for energy more than 3 months the cell structure actually changes and gets more efficient. When you get off the routine of blood sugar spikes and plummets caused by high glycemic foods,you don't need the carbs to build blood sugar back because you just burned it all or insulin drove it down too much, trying to deal with the sugar.

Many top athletes are now doing keto to actually have more endurance and energy.
True, to a point, but again not precisely defined. Fats allows for long sustained energy expenditure. Nevertheless, quick explosive energy (e.g. weight training, sprints, etc.) can only come from the consumption and utilization of carbs. -- your body's instant energy source. Think of carbs like a hybrid electric motor: the e-torque boost that gets the RAM 1500 quickly off the line.