View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 08:49 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by guachi
This is the primary reason I would watch these types of food - it's easy to overeat them. The easiest way I've found to lose weight are by reducing "empty" calories where the nutritive value is really low compared to the calories and reducing drinking my calories when the purpose of what I'm drinking is for hydration. Basically, I'm substituting water for juice/soda/anything else.

Be that as it may, I still have a terrible diet and I've only managed to lose 17 lbs in the last 4 months (from 215 to 198. first time below 200 in several years) by out exercising my terrible diet. I've increased my cycling considerably and have finally started losing weight.
Definitely. It is easy to overeat them and your strategy is a perfectly sound one IMO.

Really, any diet strategy is just about making you feel less miserable/hungry while consuming fewer calories than you burn. Some people feel less miserable on a high fat diets. Some feel less miserable on a high carb diet. Some take to intermittent fasting. Some people just reduce everything a bit. Do whatever works best for you IMO. The overly dogmatic approach some people seem to take when giving advice helps no one.