Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by EuanTait
Hi to all, I am a 16 year old and although I do have a good physical shape I would just like to ask if cycling can help with loosing belly/waist fat. I also do upper body/back/core training aswell but Im just looking for an answer if cycling can effectively help with excess fat loss around those areas.

NO. there are no specific exercises that can target fat from a specific area of the body. NONE. Claims of this are falsehoods. Lies.

Specific exercises can target particular muscle groups and strengthen them.

Poor posture and weak abdominals can make someone look fatter. Thus strengthening them and improving one's posture will make it look like there has been a disproportionate fat loss in that area.Cross country skiing is one of the most effective and complete cardiovacular exercises to achieve your goal. Biking is effective as well, providing you spend enough time in the saddle and put effort into it.

Cutting down on junk food, and reducing your intake of "white" calories - Potatos, White Rice, Refined Flours, and sugar, will make any cardiovascular exercise you do much more effective.
Likes For Last ride 76: