View Single Post
Old 03-14-21, 09:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
So they are providing you a label to send the unit back and it sounds like they are sending you a new unit...that sounds like excellent news! I would say congrats on that because normally to most people that is excellent news but it seems like that is not good for you?

Getting warranty parts these days is tough but the fact someone said hey we got you after the warranty period had ended is awesome. Not everyone will do that and some manufacturers are quite strict on that. I have had customers who got shot down weeks after the warranty period was over and there was nothing we could do after arguing with them for a bit and getting nowhere.

In terms of replacement parts they may not have replacement parts or may have policies in place to not have a normal person replace them for fear of them getting hurt installing it wrong. Heck we have stuff we know how to do at the shop but the manufacturer won't let us do it until we can officially get certified by them so we have to box it and send it back. It happens, it can suck sometimes but it happens (and yes we are trying to get certified but COVID and lack of certifications can make that difficult) They might also recognize the problem and that one part may not fix it and trying to fix it may not be feasible.

I am unsure where you live but the weather last week was fairly decent in a good number of places in the U.S. so riding outside is getting doable. It could still be cold near you but in that case I would find something to do while they try to get you a new one or fix your old one. Cycling is a good activity that can help reduce stress and do a lot of other great things but sometimes we may not be able to do it or do it in the same way we are accustomed to but it is important to have other hobbies and other ways to enjoy life.

Thank you for teaching the youth, we really need it and it is especially stressful these days, my cousin is a teacher and I have several friends and clients who are also teachers and they are stressed. Most of us on the frontlines are stressing and it sucks and will probably suck for a while but we will get through this. Keep your chin up and be thankful they are supporting you. It may not be the exact answer you want but it sounds like they have your back even after their back having period is over.