Old 08-06-18, 04:19 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
I think $300 is about it, on an eBay sale, then you have the fees of course, the time to take to pack and ship, buyers win all disputes, etc. So a $300 eBay sell might net you $235 (assuming buyer pays the shipping). Fees are charged on the gross amount (don't get me started complaining about eBay). Kellogg name is a big plus, Ross name is a minus. Relatively limited market for it.

If you are super patient, you might try for $400. You can really ask any higher price you want, if someone buys it, great. If not, adjust the price down. Sometimes you will find that one person that really, really wants it!

On any eBay sale with a gross transaction of $250 or higher, (and this includes the shipping cost, so you are going to be at or over the $250 mark), be sure to get signature on delivery, not just delivery confirmation. Savvy scammers will claim they never got it regardless of delivery confirmation, and eBay will rule in their favor, unless you have signature on delivery. Its just how it works on eBay.... Buyers rule!

I'd take some polishing compound to that fork. About half of that scrape will come out. Takes about 15 seconds.
With a tracking number I don't know how they are saying it wasn't delivered.
Signature confirmation on high end sales makes sense.